|APPLY for Financial Aid by completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov. School Code: 039644 Or apply for Veteran’s Benefits (see below)
Be advised of your Awards & Eligibility, and review your rights and with our friendly and helpful Financial Aid Student Advisors who will ensure that you have all the information necessary to make the right decision for your education with our school. (also see “Important School Disclosures” section)
Choose the best course for you and BEGIN YOUR CAREER in this exciting industry!
The International School of Beauty is approved by the Department of Education and participates in the following Title IV Financial Aid programs:
Federal Pell Grant: The Federal Pell Grant Program provides financial assistance to students who do not hold a Bachelors Degree and demonstrate financial need based upon a precise formula set by the federal government. Grants do not have to be repaid.
Federal Direct Loan Program (FDLP):
- Subsidized Federal Direct Loan. Subsidized Federal Direct Loans carry a fixed interest rate (visit http://www.studentaid.ed.gov for current rates and information or call our Financial Aid Office at 760-674-1624 EXT 31)
This is a loan and must be repaid. If eligible, you may borrow once per academic year if all required paperwork is complete.Here’s a quick overview of Direct Subsidized Loans:
- Direct Subsidized Loans are available to undergraduate students with financial need.
- Your school determines the amount you can borrow, and the amount may not exceed your financial need.
- The U.S. Department of Education pays the interest on a Direct Subsidized Loan
- while you’re in school at least halftime,
- for the first six months after you leave school (referred to as a grace period*), and
- during a period of deferment (a postponement of loan payments).
Note: If you received a Direct Subsidized Loan that was first disbursed between July 1, 2012, and July 1, 2014, you will be responsible for paying any interest that accrues during your grace period. If you choose not to pay the interest that accrues during your grace period, the interest will be added to your principal balance.
- Unsubsidized Federal Direct Loan. Unsubsidized Federal Direct Loans carry a fixed interest rate (visit http://www.studentaid.ed.gov for current rates and information or call our Financial Aid Office at 760-674-1624 EXT 31) This .is a loan and must be repaid.Here’s a quick overview of Direct Unsubsidized Loans:
- Direct Unsubsidized Loans are available to undergraduate and graduate students; there is no requirement to demonstrate financial need.
- Your school determines the amount you can borrow based on your cost of attendance and other financial aid you receive.
- You are responsible for paying the interest on a Direct Unsubsidized Loan during all periods.
- If you choose not to pay the interest while you are in school and during grace periods and deferment or forbearance periods, your interest will accrue (accumulate) and be capitalized (that is, your interest will be added to the principal amount of your loan).
|Loan Fees for Direct Subsidized Loans and Direct Unsubsidized Loans
|First Disbursement Date
|On or after Oct. 1, 2019 and before Oct. 1, 2020
|On or after Oct. 1, 2020 and before Oct. 1, 2022
|Loan Fees for Direct PLUS Loans:
|First Disbursement Date
|On or after Oct. 1, 2020, and before Oct. 1, 2021
|On or after Oct. 1, 2021 and before Oct. 1, 2022
||Loans first disbursed before Oct. 1, 2020, have different loan fees.
Current Interest Rates
The interest rates for Direct Subsidized Loans, Direct Unsubsidized Loans and Parent Plus Loans are shown in the chart below.
||Loans first disbursed on or after 7/1/21 and before 7/1/22
|Direct Subsidized Loans
|Direct Unsubsidized Loans
|Direct Plus Loans
||Parents and Graduate or Professional
The interest rates shown above are fixed rates for the life of the loan.
FOR MORE DETAILS REGARDING REPAYMENT PLANS VISIT:
http://www.studentaid.ed.govFederal Direct Plus Loan (Parent Loan): The Federal Parent Plus Loan for Undergraduate Students enables parents and legal guardians with good credit history to pay the education expenses of each dependent child enrolled as an undergraduate at least half time in an approved educational institution. The Parent Plus loan has a fixed interest rate (visit http://www.studentaid.ed.gov for current rates and further information on the loan and repayment options, or call our Financial Aid Office at 760-674-1624 EXT 31) If you do not request a deferment, you will be expected to begin making payments after the loan is fully disbursed (paid out).
International School of Beauty is approved for Veterans’ Benefits programs
The Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MCAA)
(program provides financial assistance for military spouses who qualify)
Post 9/11 GI Bill
Montgomery GI Bill
For more information about these programs visit: http://www.vba.va.gov/VBA/
Tuition enrollment specials are offered from time to time. Contact the Registrar’s Office for any current discounts 760-674-1624 X45.