- School Services
The International School Of Beauty Cosmetology Program prepares students for a career as a :
Hair Stylist, Hair Colorist, Manicurist, Make-up Artist, Consultant on Beauty and Personal Appearance, Beauty and Cosmetic Sales, Beauty Salon Manager, Beauty Salon Owner, Cosmetology Teacher, Supervisor, Director or School Owner.
CURRICULUM FOR COSMETOLOGY COURSE (1,600 HOURS)
COSMETOLOGY COURSE GOALS:
- To successfully master training requirements needed to make application for the California State Bureau of Barbering and Cosmetology licensing examination.
- To develop professional skills and attitudes in the interest of safety and sanitation for oneself as well as others, as is relative to having a successful career as a Cosmetologist.
- To graduate from this institution possessing those skills and knowledge necessary to pass the State Board examination and secure entry-level employment.
COSMETOLOGY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
- To successfully acquire the knowledge of the laws and rules regulating California cosmological establishments’ practices.
- To successfully acquire the knowledge of sanitation and sterilization as related to all phases of hair, skin and nails.
- To successfully acquire knowledge of the general theory relative to cosmetology, including anatomy, physiology, chemistry, and theory relative to practical procedures performed.
- To successfully acquire business management techniques, which are common to the Cosmetology industry.
THE SUCCESSFUL GRADUATE WILL HAVE DEVELOPED THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Learn the proper use of implements relative to all cosmetology services.
- Acquire the knowledge of analyzing the scalp, face, and hands before all services to determine any disorders.
- Learn the procedures and the terminology used in performing all cosmetology services.
- Learn the application of daytime and evening make/up to include the application of false eyelashes.
- Learn the proper procedure of manicuring to include water and oil manicures and pedicures.
- Learn the application of brush/on artificial nails, nail wraps, and nail tips.
ATTITUDES AND GOALS:
- To be able to appreciate good workmanship, common to the cosmetology field.
- To possess a positive attitude toward the public and fellow workers.
- To appreciate honesty and integrity in oneself and others. To have an improved personality while dealing with patrons and colleagues
REQUIREMENTS FOR SATISFACTORY COMPLETION OF THE COSMETOLOGY COURSE:
The student shall have completed “Theory and Operations” required by the Bureau of Barbering & Cosmetology with an average grade of “C” (70%) or better.
A student shall complete all required classroom and practical/laboratory education and training; with a grade-point average of no less than 70%, shall have paid all tuition due, will have a completed SAP evaluation and will have had an exit interview with administration. Students who have reached the age of 17 years will be assisted in completing the necessary documents to file for the appropriate Barbering and Cosmetology examination. The student shall receive a diploma of completion of the chosen program upon graduation from the school.
The applicant must be 17 years of age or older and have completed the 10th grade. A Cosmetology license will be granted by the State of California only after the student has successfully completed and graduated from the Cosmetology course as described above and passed the licensing exam with an overall average of 75%.
Books: Pivot Point Salon Excellence Program
- Students will be tested and receive a letter grade after the completion of each theory course module
- In most instances, tests will be graded during class, immediately after the completion of the test, and after recording the results on student’s individual grade sheet, the test will be returned to student.
- Students will be tested on their Basic Practical Operations at the end of the freshmen class hours and upon evaluation by the Freshmen Class Instructor, will be approved to graduate to work on the clinic floor.
- Cosmetology & Barbering Students will be assessed at 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% and Esthetics, Massage Therapy & Manicuring/Nail Care will be assessed at 50% and 100% of their class attendance (depending upon class clock hours) and receive a grade as outlined in the S.A.P. (see page 11 of this catalog)
- Students will receive a copy of their progress report upon the completion of each evaluation period.
- Overall Grades are determined on the basis of the student’s attitude and his/her ability to perform elements of the course curriculum. Approximately 25 percent of the grade will be based upon written tests, 50 percent, upon attendance and the remaining 25 percent is based upon practical performance skills.
Letter Grades are determined as follows:
- 90% to 100% “A” Excellent
- 80% to 89% “B” Good
- 70% to 79% “C” Average
- 60% to 69% “D” Needs to Retake Test
STUDENTS WILL BE EVALUATED AT THE END OF EACH TIME PERIOD TO DETERMINE WHETHER THIS MINIMUM STANDARD IS BEING MET. Students receiving Federal Student Aid can lose eligibility by failing to meet satisfactory progress.
COSMETOLOGY PROGRAM ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS:
Possesses a verifiable High School Diploma, or equivalent GED diploma (General Education Diploma) A foreign diploma must be translated by an outside agency that is qualified to translate documents into English and confirm the academic equivalence to a U.S. High School Diploma. Note: As of July 1, 2012 Ability-toBenefit or 225 Remedial Course will no longer be accepted for admission consideration.
COSMETOLOGY PROGRAM PAYMENT AND FINANCING OPTIONS:
We offer the following payment plans for our programs:
Other personal student loans or scholarships that offer this type of assistance.
Personalized Payment Plans with the school (note all tuition needs to be paid at the time of course graduation.
All Fees are subject to change without notice. International School Of Beauty reserves the right to change the tuition and fees and make any changes, when deemed necessary, without prior notice. Such changes will not effect enrolled or attending students.
STATISTICAL CONSUMER INFORMATION
The following statistics are based upon those students who graduated from school between January 1 through December 31, 2016
43% graduated on time. The median amount of Federal Student Loan debt at the time of graduation was $8,497.00. For further information regarding Cosmetology Employment visit: www.nces.ed.gov/ipeds/cipcode (Code 12-401) to access CIP (Classification of Instructional Programs) OR http://www.onetonline.org/find (Code 39-5012.00) to access SOC (Department of Labor’s Standard of Occupational Classifications)